- "Calm a foe with soothing scents."
|Waft is a Jupiter Djinni fought and acquired in Golden Sun: The Lost Age, and is numerically the eleventh Jupiter Djinni in the games' official Djinni ordering and thus the fourth numbered Jupiter Djinni of The Lost Age.|
Waft is located near the northwestern exit of Kibombo Mountains, but accessible only on your return trip back from Kibombo to the north when Piers has joined your party - only he can cast the Frost Psynergy needed to reach it. Climb up the first three sets of stairs, go down to Frost the puddle into an ice pillar, go up to climb up one more stairway, go right and down to hop across the ice pillar down and right, and cast Growth and climb up it to reach the Djinni. Waft must be battled to be acquired.
In Dark Dawn, Waft is one of Sveta's starting djinn, and thus does not need to be fought.
As an opponentEdit
Statistically, Waft has 440 HP, 40 PP, 134 Attack, 34 Defense, 104 Agility, and 13 Luck. Like all other Jupiter Djinn that are fought, in terms of resistance, it has a Jupiter Resistance rating of 193, Mercury and Mars Resistance ratings of 100 each, and a Venus Resistance rating of 25, and in regards to its abilities it uses its available Jupiter-based attacks with a Jupiter power rating of 125.
Waft can use the following battle commands:
- Storm Ray: Used 53 out of 256 times, this is a Psynergy spell that causes a moderately large array of purple lightning bolts to thoroughly assault the party, dealing a Jupiter-based attack with a power rating of 65 and a range of 3. This ability consumes 10 of its user's PP.
- Wind Slash: Used 47 out of 256 times, this is a Psynergy spell that shoots out a moderately large purple air swath at each Adept, dealing a Jupiter-based attack with a power rating of 50 and a range of 3. This ability consumes 9 of its user's PP.
- Plasma: Used 41 out of 256 times, this is a Psynergy spell that causes a single, large bolt of purplish lightning bolts to strike at the party and explode on impact, dealing a Jupiter-based attack with a power rating of 45 and a range of 3. This ability consumes 8 of its user's PP.
- Flash Bolt: Used 35 out of 256 times, this is a Psynergy spell that causes two purple lightning bolts to strike at the party briefly, dealing a Jupiter-based attack with a power rating of 40 and a range of 3. This ability consumes 7 of its user's PP.
- Whirlwind: Used 29 out of 256 times, this is a Psynergy spell that causes a large whirlwind laced with electric charges to spin through the enemy party, dealing a Jupiter-based attack with a power rating of 20 and a range of 3. This ability consumes 5 of its user's PP.
- Attack: Used 28 out of 256 times, this is this monster's standard physical attack, but for this monster it is counted as a Jupiter-based attack rather than a non-elemental attack.
- Flee: Used 23 out of 256 times, this enemy has the ability to attempt to Flee the battle, thereby ending the battle if successful without rewarding you with the associated EXP, Coins, and the Djinni itself.
When defeated, Waft yields 255 EXP and 309 Coins, and the Waft Djinni is added to your party's Djinn collection. If you fell it with an offensive Venus Djinni like Echo, its rewards increase to 331 EXP and 401 Coins.
When Set, it increases base HP by 11 and base Attack by 4.
When Waft's battle effect is used, a holographic image of a Jupiter Djinni floats above the target and surrounds the target with a purple pillar of energy, dealing a Jupiter-based attack equal in power to the user's normal physical attack with an additional 40 damage points added to the result, and there is then a chance that the target will be afflicted with Sleep.
Sleep is quite a potent secondary effect just like the Stun of the previous offensive Jupiter Djinni, Blitz, and Waft deals 10 more bonus damage than Blitz. While not the most damaging of Jupiter Djinn in the long run, it can be used to good effect throughout a good portion of the game provided its sleep effect is successfully applied. The only other Djinni that can inflict Sleep with its attack is the Mercury Djinni Mist. For Djinn to win battles with, though, in endgame terms the Jupiter Djinni Squall is still the best because of having a damage multiplier and the Stun chance, and there is also the Jupiter Djinni Whorl which has a chance to instantly down the target.
Waft is a term meaning to carry along gently as through the air. It can also be used to describe something that travels in this way, or simply to describe a light breeze.